Saturday, November 5, 2011

End of Season wrapup



It has been awhile since I have posted up on here. October was a fun month of racing. I participated in the first ever Grampian Challenge that was just under 40 miles of hilly dirt roads and some singletrack. Awesome event, I really enjoyed it and hope to participate again next year.

Next up was my first ever 6 hour endurance race at Addison Oaks. It was a definite learning experience, the weather was a bit warmer than I had anticipated. By the end I was a bit worse for the wear. Dehydrated, tired and a bit loopy I ended up finishing in second place in the singlespeed category.

Then came the great Mad Anthony Cyclocross race. This is an event I have participated in the past three years which goes back to when it was started. This is a truly unique event and venue. The course gets better each year in regards to its layout. And each year the field of racers gets a bit bigger (209 racers this year). If the weather cooperates, this event could hit its cap of racers next year in the Category 4 group. This race is friendly to mountain bikers as well as true cyclocross racers. If you are looking to jump into the racing fray, I give this race a strong recommendation. I espeically enjoyed seeing all the BTT'ers out there cheering me on almost every time I looked up. Very cool...

Last weekend I joined a bunch of friends for a run through southwest Detroit known as "The Run of the Dead 10K". Since I have not been running a lot recently it was fun to do a race with no expectations and just enjoy the event. The crew I went down there with all finished roughly at the same time, myself included. I think this race will continue to grow in popularity. Lots of entertaining costumes to be seen on the course. Both by people wearing them and people running in them.

Today AndyE and I enjoyed a couple laps of Maybury riding over from downtown Northville. The calendar reads November 5th yet we enjoyed sunny skies and mild temps. The crowds on Maybury were much less than what would be seen up in Traverse City for the Iceman event. BTTer JamalH pulled a 2:01:41 at Iceman. Andy and I enjoyed a great ride and it was a good way to cap what has been a fun year of riding. Thanks to PrecisionMTB crew (especially Team Captain BrianB) and the BTT gang for keeping me company on various rides throughout the season. Its been a fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment