Sunday, October 2, 2011

Tour de Troit 9/24/11

Rode in from home with Andy, Andy, and Randy. 2 fixies and one cross bike with me on my singlespeed mtn bike. This ride was gonna be some work from the get-go. Made it down to the Fort and over to the start in Roosevelt Park. I rode with JayB for the whole metric century - he is wonderful company on any ride.

It was damn cold at the start, I remember Jay saying to me as we rolled down Vernor, "It sure is cold out." I was FREEZING and could not agree more. Once the sun came up the temperature was much more tolerable. The ride went well. When we came off our loop of Belle Isle I was greeted with the largest group of cyclist I have ever encountered. It was amazing. Check out a couple pics I took here.

When we finished up the Tour de Troit ride and grabbed some food. From there we mounted up and Andy, Andy, and Randy finished putting the smack down on me with their fixies and cross bikes. But they helped me accomplish my goal of nailing down my first hundred miler on my singlespeed (102 miles to be exact). Aside from the endless lines for beer at the end, this is a well run event and a great way to see the city. Highly recommended ride.

Pics click here

No comments:

Post a Comment