Saturday, June 11, 2011

BTT 6/11/11 - The White Stripes Tour

I read yesterday Jack White and his wife are throwing a divorce party on their sixth anniversary (see pic #1). Reading that bit of news makes me hope he will get back together with Meg and reform The White Stripes. Sadly the band of two broke up earlier this year. Jack is a total hipster who does absolutely nothing the "normal" way. Throwing a "divorce party" on your anniversary - REALLY? I'm so not a hipster.

So today's bike tour takes us to Indian Village in Detroit where we see Jack and Meg's house here in the D before moving to Nashville (pic 2). Pics 3 - 5 show the Hotel Yorba and the talent there. The tune "Hotel Yorba" is one of my favorite White Stripes tunes.

Pic 6 shows a church in Detroit where the top burned. Not a problem, they simply put a roof on the lower part and reopened it. Hallelujah, way to make due with what you got. Speaking of making do, pic 7 shows the screw I picked up in my back tire riding over to this church. I screwed it in a bit further and it held for the 10 or so miles back home. Today's ride was a swing bang hum dinger. Hipster! (Not really, I lifted that phrase off Jack's invite).

Pics click here

Hotel Yorba Video

Today's ride

No comments:

Post a Comment